Bachelor of Smart Computing
The goal of our program is to this course is to train and prepare students to be a computing professional, to use IT to be a better scientist, and to empower themselves to better understand the technology behind many of today's careers.
Key Smart Computing program areas include drives innovations in games development, big data and cloud computing, cyber security and privacy, ubiquitous intent of things, mobile and web development.
The major focuses on how IT support and enhance modern organizations. Courses in smart computing, information systems, business, fundamental communication, and quantitative skills will develop the students’ ability to analyze, document, and communicate the information requirements of an organization or an organizational unit.
Our program provides practical and relevant skills to allow graduates of different disciplines to move into the IT industry.
Our Bachelor of Smart Computing graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate essential knowledge for a career in technology related professions and practice
• Synthesize industry standard and underlying principles and concepts for decision making
• Critically evaluate data & resources in the context or relevant academic literature
• Apply critical thinking to address IT related issues
• Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively
• Prepare students to function effectively in a dynamic technological era
• Facilitate the development and application of problem-solving skills in students
The programme aims to give the students the knowledge and skills needed in a career in information technology and smart computing industry or entry to a postgraduate course. The programme covers the main knowledge area of smart computing and IT. More so;
• To develop a strong knowledge of the science and computing related to the smart computing and IT field
• To be able to produce IT professionals that demonstrates an understanding of the characteristics of information technology and their role within organizations
• To be able to produce IT professionals who know how to evaluate and select appropriate methods and technologies for representing, managing, and disseminating information as a resource
• To be able to produce graduates who are not just degree holders but certified in their field of specialization that has worldwide recognition
• To develop the ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
• To be able to produce IT professionals that are competent in the field of information technology implementation, using sound principles of analysis and design and demonstrates practical competence in a range of current software systems
• To be able to produce world-class graduates in the field of Information Technology with competence in games development, big data & cloud computing, cyber security & privacy, ubiquitous internet of things, and mobile & web development
• Develop the ability to work independently and achieve a task or programme of work with minimal monitoring
• To provide appropriate professional experience of working in the computing industry through the industrial training
In keeping with latest technology trends, our course contains five highly competent specializations in information technology as depicted below: