Bachelor of Smart Computing
The goal of our program is to this course is to train and prepare students to be a computing professional, to use IT to be a better scientist, and to empower themselves to better understand the technology behind many of today’s careers.
Key Smart Computing program areas include drives innovations in games development, big data and cloud computing, cyber security and privacy, ubiquitous intent of things, mobile and web development. The major focuses on how IT support and enhance modern organizations. Courses in smart computing, information systems, business, fundamental communication, and quantitative skills will develop the students’ ability to analyze, document, and communicate the information requirements of an organization or an organizational unit. Our program provides practical and relevant skills to allow graduates of different disciplines to move into the IT industry.
- Our Bachelor of Smart Computing graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate essential knowledge for a career in technology related professions and practice
- Synthesize industry standard and underlying principles and concepts for decision making
- Critically evaluate data & resources in the context or relevant academic literature
- Apply critical thinking to address IT related issues
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively
- Prepare students to function effectively in a dynamic technological era
- Facilitate the development and application of problem-solving skills in students
- The programme aims to give the students the knowledge and skills needed in a career in information technology and smart computing industry or entry to a postgraduate course. The programme covers the main knowledge area of smart computing and IT. More so;
- To develop a strong knowledge of the science and computing related to the smart computing and IT field
- To be able to produce IT professionals that demonstrates an understanding of the characteristics of information technology and their role within organizations
- To be able to produce IT professionals who know how to evaluate and select appropriate methods and technologies for representing, managing, and disseminating information as a resource
- To be able to produce graduates who are not just degree holders but certified in their field of specialization that has worldwide recognition
- To develop the ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- To be able to produce IT professionals that are competent in the field of information technology implementation, using sound principles of analysis and design and demonstrates practical competence in a range of current software systems
- To be able to produce world-class graduates in the field of Information Technology with competence in games development, big data & cloud computing, cyber security & privacy, ubiquitous internet of things, and mobile & web development
- Develop the ability to work independently and achieve a task or programme of work with minimal monitoring
- To provide appropriate professional experience of working in the computing industry through the industrial training
Kyongdong University KDU-IT department designed and developed a new course called Smart Computing for technically minded students who want to work at the cutting edge of information technology and business innovation as a multi-skilled leader in IT. The Smart Computing course are carefully constructed to offer the most rewarding hands-on learning experience integrates a strong knowledge foundation with specialization in concentrated fields for better employability.
In keeping with latest technology trends, our course contains five highly competent specializations in information technology as depicted below:
In recent years, interactive gaming has become one of the most popular leisure activities, as well as a strategic learning tool. The games industry is booming, particularly due to the increasing popularity of interactive games across multiple platforms including consoles, mobile devices and social networking sites. These are all key growth areas in the computing industry, and there is a demand for qualified graduates to fill creative design and technical development roles.
As a part of competitive intelligence, this new emerging field is considered a great asset from a business point of view. One of the most important aspects of data science and big data is that it can convert data into clear information and knowledge that is understandable by audiences without a scientific background. Studying data science and big data, students will acquire solid mathematical skills as well as strong business strategy thinking. Data inference and exploration requires competence of tactical optimization and attention to detail in order to extract relevant insights from high quantities of raw information. Students also gain basic skills like analytical rigor and ability to explain the significance of data in a way that can be easily understood by others.
The security of the internet and of the information stored thereon is of paramount importance to all nations. In response to security dangers, this specialization will give students knowledge of these threats, and the skills and expertise to investigate, police, and react accordingly, and to protect systems and organizations. Cyber security is an emerging subject combining all the skills required to understand and react to this threat. It aims to produce well-rounded professionals with a broad range of cyber security skills, including the investigative mindset, as this has been identified as an important and often overlooked aspect of cyber security.
While the promise of the Internet of Things (IoT) brings many new business prospects, it also presents significant challenges ranging from technology architectural choices to security concerns. The concept of IoT has begun to make an impact in industries ranging from industrial systems to home automation to healthcare. By 2020, the number of wirelessly connected products on the planet is expected to grow from 5 billion today to nearly 21 billion. With this specialization, students will explore the software and hardware that is transforming the world, connecting things to create radical new services and products. This course will explore the disciplines, technologies, tools and business opportunities involved in both sensing and connecting people, places and things. Powerful, connected, always-on devices and sensors, combined with sophisticated cloud infrastructure, are fast becoming a major focus for new products and services.
More people access the web via mobile devices than from personal computers. As the number of devices expands dramatically, users are becoming accustomed to having both web and computing access via small, mobile devices and phones. This has resulted in a significant increase in demand for developers with experience using multiple platforms such as iOS and Android. At the same time, the growth in popularity of cloud computing has increased the ability for these devices to perform functions that previously required computation power unavailable on mobile devices. KDU Smart Computing program is intended for individuals interested in the design, development, or use of mobile device applications, games, or utilities. It will benefit those who wish to distinguish themselves across a wide range of employment and technical disciplines within the rapidly expanding field of mobile application development.